From: Michael Teter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 4:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Is this possible?

Hello.

I would like to be able to create something like the
following example, and I need to know if this is
feasible with Tomcat...

Assume I have the domain blah.com, and I would like to
be able to create virtual names like "mary.blah.com",
"john.blah.com", "michael.blah.com", etc.

When someone goes to mary.blah.com, I would like the
pages they see to be dynamically generated, something
like this:

----
Welcome Mary!  Based on your ranking, you can do the
following actions:
  _View Production Reports_
  _Edit Report Profiles_

----
(or when someone goes to john.blah.com)
----
Welcome John!  Based on your ranking, you can do the
following actions:
  _Create Accounts_
  _Edit Accounts_
  _Input Production Numbers_

----

I wouldn't know how to classify my experience with
Tomcat/Servlets/JSP, but if this helps tailor the
answers, I'm fairly comfortable using the Model2
paradigm with JSP/Serlets and beans to generate fairly
complicated interfaces.  However, what I'm wanting to
do now seems well beyond my current knowledge, so any
pointers would be most welcome.

Much thanks,
Michael