Yo,

I'm moving from linux to windows  (yeah, yeah I know  :( )

On the linux platform, our web application runs PERFECTLY
but on windows we have problems when the jsp pages are compiled.

appearantly, tomcat doesn't like the following situation.
 file : /PROBLEM/abc.jsp
         <%@ page language="java" import="xxx.*" %>
         <% SomeClass x=new SomeClass();
            // class really exists in package xxx
            // and was compiled with the same compiler.
          %>

 it gives following error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile
Found 2 semantic errors compiling
".../XXX/abc_1.java":

      SomeClass  x=new SomeClass();
      <------->
*** Error: The type "SomeClass" was found in package
"XXX". However, that type is associated with another named package,
"xxx".

I guess the compiler gets confused with the cases on windows, because
he has both an XXX and xxx package in the classpath.

Is this a bug ? or is this 'known/specified behaviour' and what do I
do about it ?

TIA,

Sloot.