----- Original Message -----
From: "yilmaz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 9:54 AM
Subject: image manipulating via servlets on tomcat4

> Hi  everybody,
> I am using tomcat4 on win 2000.
> I have searched all the archives and almost all websites related with
java,
> to no avail.
> My problem is manupulating  images via servlets on Tomcat.
> In fact , there are tons of examples on the internet and on the archives
> which shows
> how to load an image from a local file and send to the browser, or
> dynamically
> generate a gif , or jpg image  and send it  to the user. Up to here ,
> everything is allright.
> But , it seems that there is no way to load an image from a file (at
> server), write some text on it
> or edit that image on hand, finally send it to hte browser as a new image.
> I tried almost every way, in vain :(
> I hope, someone overthere, an expert, be nice enough to answer my
question,
> though my
> question might sound a little bit offtopic.
> Looking forward to your help hopefully.
> Cheers :)
>[...]

You may try:
 - Java Advanced Imaging API
   http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jai/index.html

 - Java Media Framework API
  http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/index.html

- other lib-classes of image(gif/jpeg/wbmp... encoder)

with them you can:
 - get the image-data from a file(or get one frame from
  a video-stream)
- process it(big/small, sharp/blur, distortion...)
- draw test on them
- export them into a file(or into a OutputStream directly)

Bo
Mar122002