Leil,

If you just want to compile, you can set the command line at the
jdk1.4/bin/ (where javac is)and then enter "javac
/usr/local/myapp/MyClass.java" or wherever the class is.  But, what you
really need to do is to set up your CLASSPATH environmental variables in
/etc/profile to the appropriate locations to find javac, java, your
classes, etc.  There is no problem with RH 7.2 and j2k1.4.  I use that.

Hope this is helpful.

Micael

What sort of name is "Leil"?  Never seen that before.  Looks cool!