You need to deploy a web application properly :-)

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2001/04/19/tomcat.html

Notes:

1. Create Directory in web-apps (eg test) create sub-folder WEB-INF with
sub-folders inside lib and classes

2. Add the following entry to the TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml file, setting
the values for the path and docBase to the name of your web application.
Notice again that the name we are using is onjava.

<Context path="/test" docBase="test" debug="0" reloadable="true" />

2. Create web.xml and copy to WEB-INF

Default setup:

<!DOCTYPE web-app
"http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_3.dtd";>

<web-app>
</web-app>

3. try your jsp now :-)

You'll probably need to look at the article too :-))

G.