Hi I-Lin!  Fancy meeting up with you here!

Nope, what you describe is not what I want, precisely because I do not
know what the value of "lookup" is before I want to use it...could be
just a string, could be HTML (i.e....a string), or could be JSP
(i.e....a string, too, except this time I want it to be evaluated at
request time).  Sounds like something is in the works for JSP 1.3 ("JSP
fragments") so I will have to wait....

jeff

Jeffrey Bonevich
Ann Arbor, Michigan