Hi,

I have a very funny behaviour when using the HttpSessionAttributeListener interface.

I have derived a class from HttpSessionAttributeListener and implemented the two
methods

- public void attributeAdded(HttpSessionBindingEvent se)
- public void attributeRemoved(HttpSessionBindingEvent se)

Both worked fine until I have disabled cookie support!

When cookie support is disabled in a browser TOMCAT usually performs automatically URL
rewriting (this assumes that the application also makes use of
HttpServletResponse.encodeURL(...) whenever URL's are hardcoded for <a> tags or <form
action=.....> tags. I have done this in my application and was just tesing all my
stuff when I noticed that this does not work anymore.

OK now back to the HttpSessionAttributeListener implementation. The method
attributeAdded() is still called correctly when using URL rewriting. The method
attributeRemoved() gets NEVER called when URL rewriting is used (cookies are not
allowed in the browser)

I am still using Tomcat 4.0.1 and I can reproduce this behaviour anytime. I have not
yet upgraded to 4.0.3 yet and therefore cannot say whether it is working there
correctly.

Does anybody else have the same problem? Could someone give me advice what I have to
do? Can I somehow help to track down the problem?

Thomas