Hi,

I have an Apache-Tomcat set up...  It does seem to work, in that request
for the jsp pages that are sent to Apache are being rerouted to the
Tomcat server.  The weird thing is that the the only jsps that can be
reached are those that are found below a jsp directory.  I have read the
documentation and there is no mention of the NEED for a jsp directory.
 This also applied to the examples, they work fine as long as they are
below the jsp directory, move them out of that directory and voila! page
not found...  Not a big deal to locate the JSP pages in a jsp directory
but it is bugging me that this doesn't work as expected.  Below is the
appropriate configuration information:

HTTPD configuration extract:
#INCLUDE_SECTION_TOMCAT
Include /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-3.3a/conf/mod_jk.conf
#END_INCLUDE_SECTION_TOMCAT

<VirtualHost _default_:443>
  SSLEngine on
  RewriteEngine on
  RewriteLog /home/xlink/logs/RewriteLog.proxy
  RewriteLogLevel 2

  # this directive is set in order to avoid access
  # to directory listing in the portal
  <Directory "/home/portal/html">
    Options -Indexes
  </Directory>

  #SECTION_TOMCAT
  JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
  JkMount /sso/* ajp13
  #END_SECTION_TOMCAT

  ProxyPass /xlink http://localhost:9442/xlink
  ProxyPass /authapi http://localhost:9442/authapi

  ProxyPass /portal http://localhost:9303/
  ProxyPass /portal/ http://localhost:9303/
  ProxyPass / http://localhost:9303/

  RewriteRule /portal/images(.*) /home/portal/html/images$1
  RewriteRule /portal/js(.*) /home/portal/html/js$1
  RewriteRule /images(.*) /home/portal/html/images$1
  RewriteRule /js(.*) /home/portal/html/js$1
  RewriteRule /css(.*) /home/portal/html/css$1

  ProxyPassReverse /portal/ http://localhost:9303/
  ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:9303/
</VirtualHost>

Tomcat configuration:
########## Auto generated on Fri Jan 25 15:09:17 EST 2002##########
# This file is to be used by the Apache proxy servers proxy.conf.
#

<IfModule !mod_jk.c>
  LoadModule jk_module libexec/mod_jk.so
</IfModule>

JkWorkersFile "/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-3.3a/conf/jk/workers.properties"
JkLogFile "/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-3.3a/logs/mod_jk.log"
JkLogLevel emerg

As you can see I have a bunch of on their own JSP and I have a web
application called SSO which has some JSPs as well...  If you need other
information, please just ask... Thanks ahead of time

Later,
Alex