Thanks for the reply. So can I safely assume that there's no way to tell
the browser to send the Authorization request header without sending a 401
Authorization header first. Darn! I guess I'll have to maintain a session
between the browser - Controller jsp/servlet - Secure resources. The
session is maintained between the browser and the Controller jsp/servlet.
And I guess I'll have the Controller jsp/servlet format the Authorization
header with other request headers when making any requests on behalf of a
browser.

Thanks.
RS

Phillip Morelock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 04/23/2002 05:27:24
PM

Please respond to "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>