Thanks, Larry! That pointed me in the right direction... But the main
problem is one I found while perusing the build.properties file.
Somehow, the ${apache2.home} variable assigned as part of the
${apr.home} variable was written as $(apache2.home) instead, and the
compiler wasn't picking up the include directory for the apr includes...
ARGHHH... This was like this when I pulled it down from CVS, so I
suspect I should put in a defect on it..

But it compiled.. So I'm happy now!