Chris Shen wrote:

>this is a bizzare one. i've placed all my classes under the web-inf/classes
>with the appropriate class structure and everything, and it was working fine
>on my tomcat 3.3. yet, after i migrated it to 4.03, i tried to run it the
>first time and compiled it, and i kept on getting:
>"org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP
>C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3\work\localhost\webauth\successfulLogin$jsp.java:3:
>Package ant.uci.edu not found in import.
>import ant.uci.edu.*;"
>
>i did place my class directory ant\uci\edu under web-inf\classes...any
>idea???
>
>Chris
>
>--

Hi there try putting <%@ page import="ant\uci\edu" %>

Your complete dir path of your .class file in your jsp page ( page
directive) as a apparently the class loader points to classes default
package in j-tomcat3.3a but you can't get away from it in j-tomcat4
upwards . I had a similar problem thus useing tomcat3.3.a for now and
i'll upgrade and use the  classes dir path and page import directive as
told via this user-help group.

Cheers Chuck Amadi
Sustems Programmer
Rhaglennydd Systemau