I have set up both tomcat 3.2.4 and apache 1.3.  Both test pages come up
ok.  But... when I try to bring up the tomcat example servlets via the
apache port.  I get the following error:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /examples/servlets/index.html on
this server.
Apache/1.3.22 Server at machine.domain.name.gov Port 80

I have added "Include tomcat_home/conf/mod_jk.conf.auto" to  httpd.conf
where tomcat_home is the actual path.
The JkMount directive is set.  JkMount /examples/servlet/* apj12
There is a copy of mod_jk.so in apache_home/libexec/.  (It built w/o
incident.)
The apj12 connector is uncommented in server.xml, and appears to startup
w/o incident.
I've played around w/ different ports in server.xml file and making the
appropriate changes in the workers.properites and wrappers.properties
files.
Both tomcat and apache logs indicate no problems.

Any ideas other than...

It has been suggested to add a context in the server.xml file which
points to the apache document root (ie. /var/www/examples) this being a
link back to wepapps/examples/.  This hack might even work, but I don't
think that it is supposed to be setup this way.

 Rich