Mike,
>From my experience, javabean will not be reloaded even with reloadable="true".  I have
reloadable="true" on my web app, and it would not reread the classes until I used
shutdown.sh and
startup.sh.  Maybe I didn't have something set up right.  Here is a snipet from my
server.xml:

        <Context path="/trips" docBase="trips" debug="0"
                 reloadable="true" crossContext="true">
                     prefix="localhost_trips." suffix=".txt"
                  timestamp="true"/>
        </Context>

Let me know if you see anything wrong.  Thanks.