and while you're at it, you should block 8005 as someone else pointed out
very intelligently the other day.

8005 is tomcat's control port (i don't know the official name).  If you
type:

telnet nameoftomcatserver 8005

Once you connect, type
SHUTDOWN
and hit return.

Tomcat will shut down.

So you need to block this port as well, probably from every machine except
localhost (it needs to be accessible from localhost if you want tomcat's
shutdown script to be able to shut it down!).

fillup