hi,

Tomcat does not have any "standard facility" for fileuploads (at least not last time I
looked).

You need a multipart request parser. As you mentioned O'reilly provides something
called MultiPartRequest or something like that.
You should be able to download it from their site.

I dont know if it "is the best" but it's "free" and it seems many people like using
it.
There are serveral others though, for my self, I thought the license to use oreilly's
classes was not what I wanted so I implemented my own requestparser, that's not so
complicated anyways.

hope it helps
-reynir