Thanks for the info. Let me clarify a few things.

>So try first to execute sample codes from the /examples deployement and look if it
>goes right.
>You can see it too in $TOMCAT_DIR/work/127.0.0.1/ directory.

The example servlets and JSP's work fine, but they are in the tomcat root. I want to
be able to process JSP's that are within the apache htdoc root.

>Once mod_webapp is compiled, well installed and declared as a shared module, Apache
>knows that all jsp's are
>to be sent to this module, according, obviously, to the Deployment done.

By this, do you mean the part of my httpd.conf that says:
    WebAppDeploy     examples     conn  /examples

That will create a link from http://myserver/examples/ to
/path/to/tomcat/webapps/examples, correct? So if I want all JSP's within my htdoc root
to be processed, would it be something like

    WebAppDeploy     /web/docroot/*.jsp     conn  ?

Am I correct in observing that JSP's do not require a context, but servlets do? Also,
theoretically, I don't need a WEB-INF folder for every JSP/Servlet, because if it
doesn't exist it will use the default?

Let's say I set up a context in my server.xml file for /web/docroot (which is where my
html files are served from). When I try to access /web/docroot/helloworld.jsp by going
to http://myserver/helloworld.jsp, the browser would send the request to Apache, not
Tomcat, and Apache would then return the file, unprocessed to the browser, because
there is no directive for JSP files. What I want is for Apache to see that the file is
a JSP, send it to Tomcat, let Tomcat produce the results which would then get returned
to Apache to be served to my Web Browser. Does that sound right? Its so easy to do
with PHP or Perl. JSP's aren't much different are they?

I've seen some other examples for config files
(http://www.codesta.com/knowledge/technical/tomcat_warp_apache/page_06.jsp) that say
to have Apache send *all* requests over to Tomcat, but that defeats the purpose of
having Apache so that *it* will be in charge of serving my static files along with
sending my PHP/Perl files to the apropriate processer.

>Try to read the online documentation directly on yur server port 8080 ( if available)
>or go to the jakarta online doc
>http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/index.html

Believe me I tried. :)

Thanks again.