Hi,

        I have been trying to analyze the
performance of my application(Jsp pages with tag libraries)
in tomcat4.0.3+ jdk1.4

But I was astonished to find that, the time taken for
the pages to be served was varying between 90ms to 2200ms.
The test jsp page is a dummy page without any back-end processing.
The tags use a java class which contains all the required info
hard coded for testing purposes.

I am working on a application which must be highly
responsive. So as I was trying to find out the reason,behind it.
The time increase seems to be due to the Class lookup.
(All the required classes are within the WEB-INF/classes)

Can anybody shed some light on this?
Has anybody seen this issue?

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thx