Hello All,

I have downloaded the new tomcat 4.0.4 today. I also downloaded the source
for the jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.0.4-src ... when I run ant the build
says build successfull. but there is no mod_jk.so to be found.

I also went in a directory called "native" and ran the ant from there but
this time I got some wierd JNI errors for C files. this is the place where I
am stuck.

As far as I know, if the mod_jk.so file is not there then apache will not
talk to tomcat!

Also, the how-to documentation on the apache site for mod_jk file mentions
two enteries for server.xml (for apache tomcat auto-config)

<AutoWebApp dir="webapps" host="DEFAULT" />
<ApacheConfig confighome="/home/mydir" />

But I am not clear as to where should I add these in the server.xml file
(under which element).

Thank you for your help. Please do reply to me.

regards,
Abhishek.

PS: If someone has already succeeded in building the binaries of mod_jk for
LINUX 7.3 platform, then please send it to me.