Roger,

We see a similar problem with the latest IBM JDK 1.3.1 for OS/2.  We have
assumed that it is a JDK problem because a version of the JDK just 1 month older
does not produce this problem.   We had been programming on Tomcat  since
December, 2001 and the problem first appeared a month ago when we got a "fix"
from IBM.

We have never seen the problem on Sun's JDK for Linux.  We would like to report
the problem to IBM since it only occurs on the IBM JDK; however, this is no
longer possible for us under OIS/2.  So, try using a different vendor's JDK to
see if that solves your problem.   If it is an IBM JDK problem, then perhaps you
can report it as a problem under Windows which I am sure gets more attention
than OS/2.

Cynthia Jeness