I've been doing performance benchmarks and profiling of jasper2 with
4.0.3 and most indications tell me it's getting real close to release.
Several tremendous improvements in jasper2 result in better CPU and
memory utilization. GC is now under control and scales well to 64
concurrent connections w/o any problems. On systems with more memory and
multiple CPU's, the performance should be even better.

The improvements I see in my profiling is speed and consistency. when I
profiled jasper1 with tomcat 4.0.3, the cpu and memory utilization
fluctuated wildly, causing unusually high variance in response time. GC
was horrible for pages with 100+ JSTL tags under 8+ concurrent
connections on a weak system.

I'm not recommending anyone use it in production, but my personal
feeling is it is getting very close to release quality.

peter