Hi Ralph,

    Thanks for your reply first.

>>If there is no error message in the logs, I guess
>>it's a deadlock in the database.

Reply: The thing that I do not understand is why do you think it could be a
deadlock in DB because I just restart TomCat but not Oracle, the TomCat can
talk to Oracle (test from login screen where it actually reads table from
Oracle)?

>>Can you provide more info about the jsp that hangs ?

Reply: When the problem happens, all the pages that will access to Oracle DB
can not work, for example the login screen page which read from table in
Oracle.  However, other JSP pages that do not access Oracle can be executed.

>>Try a kill -QUIT <tomcat pid> and have a look at the
>>stacktrace to see where the threads are.

Reply: I will try it out when it happens again.

>>Have a look at the oracle console (can't remember the name
>>of the management console for oracle, it's too long ago
>>that I used it) to find out which connections and statements
>>are open.

Reply: Oracle console - if you are saying Oracle Enterprise Manager,
actually it is not implemented.  Any other alternative?

    Thanks.

If there is no error message in the logs, I guess
it's a deadlock in the database.

Can you provide more info about the jsp that hangs ?

Try a kill -QUIT <tomcat pid> and have a look at the
stacktrace to see where the threads are.

Have a look at the oracle console (can't remember the name
of the management console for oracle, it's too long ago
that I used it) to find out which connections and statements
are open.

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>