Thanks Eddie and John.

Your patience and help is much appreciated.

-----Original Message-----
From: Eddie Bush [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 8:49 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Where is WARP connector

+-------------------+----------------------+--------------------------------
--------+
| Connector       |  Load-Balancing | Serves Dynamic Content Only |
+-------------------+----------------------+--------------------------------
--------+

+-------------------+----------------------+--------------------------------
--------+
| mod_jk            | Yes (sticky)        | Yes

+-------------------+----------------------+--------------------------------
--------+

I found warp a lot easier to get going, until I actually found some
reasonable documentation on mod_jk, but, as the table suggests, if you
have static content you want Apache to serve (and it sounds like you do)
it will not let Apache serve it!  This is one of the most notable
shortcomings of mod_webapp.  mod_jk will let Apache handle the static
content AND (if you want it to) it will load-balance.  It will also
provide you with "sticky" sessions.  Oh - and mod_jk only serves dynamic
content =)

Regards,

Eddie Bush

Nance, Michael wrote:

>Additional note we are running Tomcat with Weblogic and Apache on Unix
Boxes