At 11:43 AM 7/11/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm going to have to inevitably add it to my site soon, I was going to
>approach it the same way, but with a servlet isn't it possible to pipe a
>file by setting the response mime type and streaming it out as a PDF or
>EXE.  Of course IE does it's own thing no matter the mime type.

Sure, I've been using Download management for some time.  Take a look at
the code in the Expresso framework at:

http://www.jcorporate.com/

The particular class is:
         com.jcorporate.expresso.ext.controller.Download

Sets MIME types, and IE Does give it a proper filename even though the user
doesn't know what path it came from.

HTH!
                                         -Mike