hi,

OK..maybe i shd hv included that in my first message..anyway its here.

This application has considerable database work with a few reports thrown in
here
and there. I have just one servlet, remaining are all jsp's (about 50 jsp's)
and about 25 beans and other class files(MVC). I use MS-SQL Server as the
database.
no connection pooling.. as i felt the number of users are too small(100 -
250
at peak time) and yes, every request fetches info from the database. So i
guess
i need to know how to enable connection pooling.
Also the cache part.. there are some entries in server.xml which seem to say
"save session on restart", but i was not sure so i hv left them alone. So
tell me how
can i enable cache too.
There is hardly any static content in my application, and what i meant was a
relative
slow down compared to when Tomcat was stand-alone (or with Apache). Yes,
even i am using
AJP1.3 connector with isapi_redirector.dll filter.
About System.out.println...yes i had quite a bit until now.. which i hv
removed.. but
i do not see much of a performance improvement (need to check at peak time,
again).
  Need some more pointers regarding jasper, does it coem along with tomcat,
and how
to set it up. (is it similar to Jikes?)

-anoop