----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Isaacs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Tomcat Users List'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 2002. július 15. 22:38
Subject: RE: What can cause a clean Tomcat shutdown?

> I am not aware of any way to have a "spontaneous" clean shutdown in
> Tomcat 3.3.1 (besides sending a "shutdown" message like shutdown.sh
> does).
>
> If feasible, I would recommend compiling a custom version of
> Tomcat 3.3.1, with extra logging added to help detect the cause.
> I would start with ContextManager.shutdown().  Add some logging
> (there doesn't appear to be helpful logging there by default),
> and print a stack trace.  Then see where the logs lead you, adding
> more logging as needed.

Thanks for the suggestion, Larry.

Since every servlet's destroy() is called as well, I've placed a stack trace
dump into one of <load-on-startup> servlet's destroy() method (not that I'm
afraid of custom-compiling Tomcat, just this seemed simpler). Now waiting to
see what comes up (since we experience approx. one shutdown weekly, we have
to be patient). I'll analyze the situation when I have the stack trace and
post the findings here.

Cheers,
  Attila.

> Cheers,