I'm not answering this question anymore.  Everyone should have this down
pat before they post here.  Either search the recent mailing list
archives, STFW (google.com), or go buy a book and cuddle up by the fire
with it.  Two books I would highly recommend to you are:

Java Server Pages:  Hans Bergsten
Java Servlet Programming:  Jason Hunter

Both are from O'Reilly.

Of course, you could always run by java.sun.com and dig out a copy of
the specification governing this, if you don't want to buy a book or
search google.

Enjoy,

Eddie