** High Priority **

Hi,

  I'm from an audit department working for a local bank in Singapore. I am currently
researching on the benefits of using JSP for developing my department website but
encounters several problems.

  I've been following very closely on every documentations in regards to the setting
up of Tomcat server as well as JSDK and JRE. I've managed to get the Apache Tomcat
server up and running at the localhost port 8080 after modifying catalina.sh. However,
when I try to connect my sample JSP page to mySQL database to retrieve data, there is
always a connection timeout error.

  I thought that it might be some class loading error and I downloaded mm.mysql driver
and unjar it to /usr/local/jsdk1.4.4/lib and declare the class path in setclasspath.sh
under the Catalina home directory.

Are you able to advise me on how to properly configure the class path and advise on
the timeout error ?

Thanks a million !!

Daniel Yap

Regards,
Daniel

CONFIDENTIAL NOTE: The information contained in this email is intended only
for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message
in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the mail. Thank you.