On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Rutledge, Aaron wrote:

> Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 16:01:45 -0600
> From: "Rutledge, Aaron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: Multiple HttpServletRequest objects
>
> Thanks to both of you.  Yes, using the MVC II would have alleviated this
> problem.  Using a bean is an idea I had though of, but how would I then
> post the data back to the servlet as a request? --Aaron

No, you would store the bean as a request attribute or a session
attribute, and then do a forward to the servlet (which would then be able
to retrieve the bean and use it).

Sounds like reviewing some of the many tutorials on basic servlet and JSP
programming would be worth your time.  Among other places, you'll find
extensive coverage in the tutorial download for the Java Web Services
Developer Pack (http://java.sun.com/webservices) -- the chapters on web
applications, servlets, and JSPs are pretty generic and apply to Tomcat
just fine.

Craig