From: HAVENS,PETER (HP-Cupertino,ex3) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 2:31 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Multiple Web App Authentication

I have been working on the same thing.  I believe it can be accomplished by
modifying your web.xml file in the conf directory.  You will need a
<security-constraint> and a <login-config>.  Here is what I added and it
seems be working.  Hope this gets you started.

-Peter
-----------------------------
<security-constraint>
  <display-name>Gryphon Authentication</display-name>
  <web-resource-collection>
    <web-resource-name>Protected Area</web-resource-name>
    <!--  Define the context-relative URL(s) to be protected -->
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    <!--  If you list http methods, only those methods are protected -->
    <http-method>GET</http-method>
    <http-method>DELETE</http-method>
    <http-method>POST</http-method>
    <http-method>PUT</http-method>
  </web-resource-collection>
  <auth-constraint>
    <!--  Anyone with one of the listed roles may access this area -->
    <role-name>*</role-name>
  </auth-constraint>
</security-constraint>

<!--  Default login configuration uses form-based authentication -->
<login-config>
  <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
  <realm-name>Gryphon Form-Based Authentication</realm-name>
  <form-login-config>
    <form-login-page>/login.jsp</form-login-page>
    <form-error-page>/error.jsp</form-error-page>
  </form-login-config>
</login-config>