Hello Douglas,

Single Sign-on is implemented in Tomcat using Valves.  See...

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/valve.html#Single%20Sign%20On%20Valve
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/host.html#Single%20Sign%20On
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/catalina/docs/api/org/apache/catalina/authenticator/SingleSignOn.html

Jake

--
Best regards,
 Jacob                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]