On Fri, 2002-08-16 at 15:11, Turner, John wrote:
> I posted a How-To at
> http://www.johnturner.com/howto/apache-tomcat-howto.html that details, step
> by step, exactly how I built my system. I've received comments via email
> from several people that say it worked for them...any comments or
> suggestions for updating it are welcome and will be added to the document as
> time permits.
>
> If mod_jk.conf is not being created, there is a problem with either the RPM
> for tomcat, or the RPM is correct and the Listener directives in server.xml
> are not correct.  The Listener directives cause the output of mod_jk.conf.
> My How-To explains the two initial Listener directives I installed in my
> server.xml.  There are also docs on the tomcat website that detail the
> Listener directives.

Thanks. That's helpful, and the auto/mod_jk.conf is generated now.
Previously I was using this:
http://www.galatea.com/flashguides/apache-tomcat-4-unix.xml
which is very similar.

For the record, even with the rpms, the auto/mod_jk.conf on Redhat 7.2
is wrong because it expects mod_jk.so to be in /etc/httpd/libexec rather
than /etc/httpd/modules. I added a symlink to fix that.

I probably just made an error in the configuration file the first time
around. Thanks. It still isn't working, but that will be some other
problem.

--
Murray Cumming
[EMAIL PROTECTED]