From: Turner, John [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2002 8:15 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: BAD packet - Apache 2.0.39 + mod_jk (or mod_webapp) on
linux

I notice you mentioned that you had copied the JAR files to
CATALINA_HOME/common after building the connector.  This is one area that
confuses me about connecting apache to tomcat with mod_jk.  The docs I read
told me to build those JARs, but I don't have them anywhere in my
CATALINA_HOME tree, I left them in the source-build directory.  As far as I
can tell, they aren't needed.

This might be the problem, or, if it isn't, did you find a resource
someplace that explained what the JAR files are for, where they should go,
and why?  I didn't find one, and would be interested in reading it.

My memory is hazy, too, but it seems to me that apache 2.x requires mod_jk2,
not mod_jk.  If I have a chance today I will build 2.0.39 from source and
see if it works instead of 1.3.26 in my currently-working
apache+tomcat+mod_jk environment.

John Turner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]