From: Sullivan, Mark E [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2002 9:32 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: BAD packet - Apache 2.0.39 + mod_jk (or mod_webapp) on
linux

Sorry, my mistake. I misread your email. Now that i think about it some
more, i didn't use ant to build the connector. These are the steps i
followed

cd /home/mark/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.1.9-src/jk/native

./buildconf.sh
./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs
make
make install

The --with-apxs command ensures that the module is built for the correct
version of apache, using that version's own apxs script. Assuming no errors
occur, the jk module should have been put into your apache/modules
directory.