On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Scott Adamson wrote:

> I have been trying for the last week to get Apache + mod_jk + Tomcat
> 4 to work.  I have confirmed that Tomcat works on 8080, confirmed
> that Apache is running.
[ ... ]

FWIW, I think it's kind of obnoxious to post essentially the same
message asking for help so many times over such a short period.  This
list is a community resource for people to help each other, but that
doesn't mean you should abuse it and use it as if it's your own
personal help list.

Further, there is another current thread covering pretty much the same
situation as yours -- someone with similar configuration and similar
symptoms (e.g. the error message appearing in the apache logs).  Did
you even see that thread?  That person managed to get his setup
working, and posted how he did so.  I suggest you take a look at that
thread, particularly that final post, for info that you should be able
to use to get things going.  The title of that thread is
"Apache 1.3.20 + Tomcat + (mod_jk or mod_webapp) for SuSE 7.3  Linux?".

Basically, there is something in your Apache config that is preventing
Apache from passing the relevant URL to Tomcat.  That might be the
particular JK directives you have (e.g. the JkMount's), or something
about where you have them in your httpd.conf file.  If the particular
suggestions in the other thread don't help you, you're going to need
to play around with things to get them working, change the directives
slightly, move them around, etc.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Systems and Technology Services (STS)