On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Scott Adamson wrote:

> Yes I have read the other threads and all the documentation, and I
> didn't find anyone else with exactly the same problem. I don't think
> I have abused this list at all (if Tomcat was documented properly I
> doubt I would need to ask questions), apologies for the duplicates,
> but there seems to be a delay of several hours between my messages
> being sent and appearing on the list, I didn't know this so I resent
> it. Yes I will keep using this list as I don't see other way to get
> the damn thing to work, I believe I have exhausted all other
> sources. I can't spare the time + bandwidth for a flame war with you
> Milt, so unless you want to talk about Tomcat, I think I will ignore
> this thread.

More than half my post below was about Tomcat, with suggestions on how
you can solve your problem.  The other problem may not have been
*exactly* the same as yours, but it was *very close*, close enough
that I'd strongly suspect that what worked there (as well as some of
the other comments/suggestions in that thread) will give you a lot of
useful information in coming up with a solution to yours.  You can't
expect to have a solution handed to you on a silver platter, you may
need to take the suggestions and play around with them, try some
variations.  Yes, I know it can be frustrating, but sometimes that's
what you have to do.

Yes, Tomcat's documentation is not perfect, especially when it comes
to connecting Tomcat to Apache -- lots of people have complained about
it, including me -- but it is a volunteer project, and documentation
is often the lowest priority.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Systems and Technology Services (STS)