I have this big problem handling Oracle Connecions...

something goes wrong... I have tons of classes called DAO"Something"... and a class
called DAO which provides the Connection... the DAO*s requests the Connection from DAO
and uses it, but there is no method to close the connection since it is used by
several methods that run queries (selects and updates)...

I don't know what goes wrong... but after some time of using the applicatiob the
maximum number of cursors exceeds and the whole application stops, cuz no more queries
will run... and I am closing ALL ResultSets and Statements on the "finally" block of
EVERY query...

this happend when I dispense one Connection to several classes, thus achieving some
kind of sharing... if I turn that sharing off - every class will get an exclusive
Connection, the problem changes... now instead of the maximum number of cursors
exceeding, I get maximum number of processes (connections)...

the connections (nor the cursors for that matter) are getting closed... I even tried
placing a con.close() on the finalize() method of the DAO*s... but that didn't work...
I get an IOException: socket closed...

At the Oracle support service, I saw that a lot of people has the exact same problem..

does anyone knows how to solve this???

thanks

btw: I have a "solution" working now... I changed the code of my DAO*s, so that every
method that runs a query, requests a connection, than closes it... but that makes some
parts of the application veeeeeeeeery slow...

.:| Christian J. Dechery
.:| FINEP - Depto. de Sistemas
.:| [EMAIL PROTECTED]
.:| (21) 2555-0332