I'd try putting the appBase (not appbase !!!) for your virtual host
somewhere *other* than the "webapps" subdirectory -- that is just going to
cause confusion for the default host.

Second, the docBase directory for a <Context> is resolved relative to the
directory of the parent appBase, so you'd end up looking for this webapp
in $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/hotel/hotel.

Craig