I have read all of the postings (all that I could find anyway) about the
jar_cache files that are generated in /tmp on AIX when using tomcat 4.  I
have a fairly good understanding of where they come from, but I have thus
far been unable to find a way to make the JDK stop generating them, or
generate them in an alternate location.  I have been unsuccessful in finding
any documentation on this with regard to the JDK.

Has anyone found a way to clobber these?
Is upgrading the JDK (from 1.3.0 to 1.3.1) a fix that anyone has tried and
verified to work?

Thank you for the assistance.
Jason Holmes
Cessna Aircraft Company