On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Holmes, Jason wrote:

> Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 16:14:48 -0500
> From: "Holmes, Jason" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: jar_cache files on AIX
>
> I have read all of the postings (all that I could find anyway) about the
> jar_cache files that are generated in /tmp on AIX when using tomcat 4.  I
> have a fairly good understanding of where they come from, but I have thus
> far been unable to find a way to make the JDK stop generating them, or
> generate them in an alternate location.  I have been unsuccessful in finding
> any documentation on this with regard to the JDK.
>
> Has anyone found a way to clobber these?

Sounds like a question for IBM Support, since it's their JDK.

Also, somewhere along the 4.x path (sorry, don't remember precisely which
version), there were some bugfixes to cases where Tomcat wasn't closing
JAR files when it was done with them.  Depending on how IBM has
implemented the java.util.JarXXX classes, this might have something to do
with it.  Have you tried recent 4.0.x and 4.1.x versions?

> Is upgrading the JDK (from 1.3.0 to 1.3.1) a fix that anyone has tried and
> verified to work?
>
> Thank you for the assistance.
> Jason Holmes
> Cessna Aircraft Company