1)  Open your server.xml
2)  Locate the <Connector> element that says "port='8080'"
3)  Comment it out
4)  Restart tomcat (and Apache)

... do you get connection refused on 8080?  Good ... you did good ...

If TC is run stand-alone, you need the HTTP connector -- that's the one
that knows how to be a web server.  If TC is run under a web server, it
needs to know how to receive requests from the web server (that's what
mod_jk does), but it does not need to know how to be a web-server itself
-- so remove that functionality by removing (commenting out) the connector.

Regards,

Eddie