From: Jim Tomlinson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 1:40 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'; 'Tomcat Users List'
Cc: Rob Smith
Subject: RE: Running tomcat 4.x using JBuilder

Here's what I do with JBuilder6 (Enterprise, but I don't think that matters,
as I'm not using the built-in Tomcat instance):

Run as application
        Main class:
                org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap
        VM parameters:
                -Dcatalina.base="<path to>\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1" \
                -Dcatalina.home="<path to>\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1" \
                -Dconf="<path to>\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1\conf\server.xml"
        Application parameters:
                start

You can also define another runtime configuration with 'stop' as the App.
parameter, and then you can easily start and stop Tomcat without terminally
confusing JBuilder.
--
Jim Tomlinson                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    We specialize in integration software and services