Open regedit and look at
HKEY_LOCAL_MASCHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Apache Tomcat
4.1\Parameters

In the key "JVM Library" there should be the path to the J2SDK jvm.dll,
like:

C:\j2sdk1.4.0\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll

André

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 13.09.2002 09:40:12 >>>
After try myself a lot of things, and make the question in this group,
and
see others with the same problem, I think this is a bug. If someone
could
try it and confirms, I will post it to bugzilla:

- Windows 2000, SP3, JDK 1.4.0_01, Tomcat 4.1.10
- Install tomcat 4.1.10 (not LE). Install like a service.
- Verify the environment variable (CATALINA_HOME)
- Execute the service Tomcat, and go to the examples. Execute de date
jsp
example. Tomcat fails to compile de JSP.
- Stop the tomcat service. Go to the command line, to CATALINA_HOME and
type
"catalina start"
- Go to the date JSP example. Tomcat works fine.
- Stop tomcat. Start it another time from the service. Go to the date
JSP
example. Now works.
- Try others JSP (numguess.jsp). Fail.

This only happens with JSP that use classes from /WEB-INF/classes or
/WEB-INF/lib

Thanks!!