On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Turner, John wrote:

> Yes, you need to copy the mod_jk.conf to the Apache box each time
> Tomcat is started.
[ ... ]

I don't think this is quite true -- I'd say it only needs to be copied
if the Tomcat configuration changes -- and that's represented by
server.xml, the directories under webapps, and perhaps some other
things.  But if those are in a steady state, there shouldn't need to
be any changes to the mod_jk conf -- and I'd even remove (or comment
out) the Listener lines in server.xml that are creating it.

So, it depends on what kind of environment the person is working in --
production, where things change rarely, or development, where things
may change much more often.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]