From: Ian McFarland [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2002 4:14 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Cc: neal
Subject: Re: Tomcat 4.0 - SSL DOES NOT WORK!

Did you build it yourself, with the necessary libraries on the
classpath? 4.0 doesn't support SSL out of the box; you have to compile
it with the libraries on the classpath, and I forget what else. I've
done it before, and it worked fine for me. Finding the docs on how to
do it was the hard part. I count it working for me as a proof that it
does work. ;-)

4.1 works with SSL out of the box, so you might want to try that.

-Ian