I also experienced this problem using the inline module on a Win2K Advanced server
with Apache 2.0.40/Tomcat 4.1.10.  Rather than trust the combination I ended up going
down to Apache 1.3.26/Tomcat 3.3.1 on a Novell box. For me, setting the -mx paramters
did nothing to change the situation.  The server still gobbed up memory and resources
until it imploded and I had to reboot.  Something as simple as holding down the
refresh key for 3 minutes was enough to crash it. Not good for a production
environment.

Craig

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 09/26/02 08:41AM >>>
Good explanation but it does not solve the problem.
Let me try to be clear.

- What I am doing is reloading always the same page.
- What I see is an ever increasing consumption of memory.

Really why should the JVM want more and more ram ?

In any case if you keep reloading, this ever increasing consumption
eventually will eat all your ram.
Whatever is the explanation it does not seem right to me, is there a way to
fix it ?

Damiano