I have to agree.  I have a website that we pounded with 3 test computers and
couldn't get Tomcat over 20% usage.

-----Original Message-----
From: Turner, John [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 9:19 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Can someone PLEASE tell me why tomcat uses so much CPU???

I'm not sure it is Tomcat.

I have Tomcat 3.1 with Apache 1.3.26 and mod_jserv, many separate instances
of Tomcat.  My servers rarely go over 40% CPU, and my sites are not only
high-traffic but resource intensive (on-the-fly custom graphics
manipulation).  Uptime is 112 days.

I guess it could be a bug the showed up between Tomcat 3.1 and 3.2.4, but
more likely it is a combination of RH 7.1 (mine are 7.2), the connector
(which source of the connector are you using????) and Tomcat.  The issue
could just as easily be in RH or the connector.

John

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>