>As a matter of fact I have been building apache since
 >the dawn of it ;) Also I have been building/using
 >tomcat since it was a jserv module, in corporate
 >environments too. So the whole process is in my hands.

Ok, like me but since I've got a bad memory I put the
build process in a rpm spec file where I'm sure I could
find it for next release ;-)

 >I have a cluster of 4.0.4 running, with apache 2.0.39,
 >pretty good on my system.

Great

 >Thank you for the teasing, but I will appreciate it if
 >you have a helping tip too ;)

I give you the url of the jk 1.2.0 release documentation,
which should give you all information to build jk 1.2.0 for
Apache 2.0.42.

- get jk 1.2.0 tarball

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/release/v1.2.0/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.0-src.tar.gz

- untar it

- go to jk/native directory

- use configure :

   ./configure --with-apxs=/your/path/to/apache2/apxs

- make the stuff

   make

- copy the mod_jk.so to apache 2 module dir

   cp apache-2.0/mod_jk.so /your/path/to/apache2/modules

-  Put in httpd.conf

   LoadModule jk_module /your/path/to/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so
   JkWorkersFile /your/path/to/apache2/conf/workers.properties
   JkLogFile     /your/path/to/apache2/logs/mod_jk.log
   JkLogLevel    error

   JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
   JkMount /servlet/*.jsp ajp13

   JkMount /examples/*.jsp ajp13
   JkMount /examples/servlet/*.jsp ajp13

You could find an example workers.properties in conf dir of tarball.

That's all.