The script is rather rough right now, but it is simple. I use ssh to
call the tomcat startup script like so:

ssh hostname /etc/init.d/tomcat stop

Here is the contents of the startup script. I have two Tomcat
directories, /usr/local/tomcat1 and /usr/local/tomcat2. I have them
sharing a centralized webapps directory in /usr/local/webapps. I run the
tomcat processes with an unpriveledged use, 'tomcat'.

HTH,

Ben Ricker

-----Tomcat Startup Script-------

#!/bin/sh
#
# tomcat        Starts the Tomcat server
#