There is some support for exclusion rules in jk2 (AFAIK, only from CVS at
the moment).

What I do (for the released jk), is to set the ApacheConfig attribute
forwardAll="false", and then include the result into httpd.conf.  For large
sites, or those with extremely heavy usage, this may not be desirable.