Robert

Thank you for you reply. Herein find the config files.
I really would be most grateful for any suggestions.

John

j2.properties
---------------------------
handler.list=apr,request,channelJni
# Override the default port for the socketChannel
# channelSocket.port=8019
# Default:
# channelUnix.file=${jkHome}/work/jk2.socket
# Just to check if the the config  is working
shm.file=c:/Apache2/logs/jk2.shm

# In order to enable jni use any channelJni directive
channelJni.disabled = 0
# And one of the following directives:
# apr.jniModeSo=/opt/apache2/modules/mod_jk2.so

# If set to inprocess the mod_jk2 will Register natives itself
# This will enable the starting of the Tomcat from mod_jk2
#apr.jniModeSo=inprocess
# Try using the standalone version
apr.jniModeSo=C:/Apache2/modules/mod_jk2.dll

workers2.properties
----------------------------------
[logger]
level=DEBUG

[config:]
#file=${serverRoot}/conf/workers2.properties
file=C:/Apache2/conf/workers2.properties
debug=0
debugEnv=0

[uriMap:]
info=Maps the requests. Options: debug
debug=10

# Alternate file logger
#[logger.file:0]
#level=DEBUG
#file=${serverRoot}/logs/jk2.log

[shm:]
info=Scoreboard. Required for reconfiguration and status with multiprocess
servers
file=${serverRoot}/logs/jk2.shm
size=1000000
debug=0
disabled=0

[workerEnv:]
info=Global server options
timing=1
debug=1
logger=logger
# Default Native Logger (apache2 or win32 )
# can be overriden to a file logger, useful
# when tracing win32 related issues
#logger=logger.file:0

[lb:lb]
info=Default load balancer.
debug=0

#[lb:lb_1]
#info=A second load balancer.
#debug=0

[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
debug=0
tomcatId=localhost:8009

#[channel.jni:jni]
#info=The jni channel, used if tomcat is started inprocess

[status:]
info=Status worker, displays runtime informations

#[vm:]
#info=Parameters used to load a JVM in the server process
#JVM=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.0_01\bin\client\jvm.dll (Read from
registry)
#OPT=-Djava.class.path=c:/Java/Jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12/bin/tomcat-jni.jar
#OPT=-Dtomcat.home=c:/Java/Jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12
#OPT=-Dcatalina.home=c:/Java/Jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12
#OPT=-Xmx128M
#OPT=-Djava.compiler=NONE
#disabled=1

[worker.jni:onStartup]
info=Command to be executed by the VM on startup. This one will start
tomcat.
class=org/apache/jk/apr/TomcatStarter
ARG=start
disabled=1
stdout=C:/Apache2/logs/stdout.log
stderr=C:/Apache2/logs/stderr.log

[worker.jni:onShutdown]
info=Command to be executed by the VM on shutdown. This one will stop
tomcat.
class=org/apache/jk/apr/TomcatStarter
ARG=stop
disabled=1

[uri:/jkstatus/*]
info=Display status information and checks the config file for changes.
group=status:

[uri:/examples]
info=Example webapp in the default context.
context=/examples
debug=0

[uri:/examples/servlets/*]
info=Prefix mapping

[uri:/examples/*.jsp]
info=Extension mapping

[uri:/examples/*]
info=Map the whole webapp

[uri:/select/*]
info=Map the whole webapp
context=/select
debug=10

                      "Robert L

                      Sowders"                 To:       "Tomcat Users List"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:

                      v>                       Subject:  Re: Question about JK2,
Apache2 and TC 4.1.12 with jdk1.3.1_02

                      25/10/2002 02:39

                      Please respond to

                      "Tomcat Users

                      List"

Hmmm,

Never tried to make it work with an old version of JSDK.  It should still
work with JSDK 1.3.1, but I haven't done it.

Are you trying to start it up in process?  jkjni.dll should not be
required for Apache.

Really I can only give you guesses if you don't post your configs.  I'll
need jk2.prop..., worker2.prop..., etc.

rls

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
10/24/2002 04:08 AM